Thursday, May 7, 2009

Question of the Day: Are _______ real?

I have been teaching 1t grade this whole week and have got some great questions thrown my way. This class is pretty well behaved but they have a hard time following/listening to directions so I explain it completely then I say, "Does anyone have any questions?" (I figure that they know I am asking them about the assignment--wrong) Here are some of the questions I have got:
~ Are owls real?
-yes
~ Are snakes real?
- yes
~ Are dinosaurs real?
- yes but they are extinct--which means that they aren't on earth anymore.
- "Are they in heaven?" (What do I say about that!!)
- Ummm, if that is what you believe then YES. (Apparently someone's been watching too much All Dogs Go To Heaven!)
~ Mia is going like this (as she sticks her tongue out) to me!
- Um is that a question?

It indeed has been a tiresome week. Tattling is ever present. Boogers are still a delicacy. Crawling around on the floor is a norm. Licking glue is still appealing to some. The upside to this whole thing is that one lone skittle has the power of an army. Let me explain. Skittles are for kids that are quick and quiet. If every one is loud and rowdy on the carpet all I have to do is whip out the Skittles and give one to the student that is sitting quietly.

If you want a taste of my life with a few laughs watch this clip. Love it! (Thanks Meagan!)

2 comments:

The Abegglens said...

Melissa you crack me up. You should try teaching sunbeams. They say some of the funniest things ever. They are so honest! I hope things are going well for you. I don't know if you knew or not, but I had my baby.

Melissa said...

I did know you had baby Jett he is so adorable. Congratulations!!! I can't believe it! You will be a great mother! I am excited for you!