I just wanted to keep track of our experience with house hunting for journaling sake. We starting looking for houses pretty soon after we moved to Washington. We looked online for a realtor and talked on the phone with her, then we met her and decided that we liked her personality and decided to go with her. Maggie has been a realtor so far. She sends us options and we can categorize if it is a favorite, possibility and a discard. This program makes it nice because we can see all of the options and organize what we want to see. Maggie also gave us a binder to organize all the paper listings that we saw so we could take note on the properties and see the specs. This was very helpful because after you see a few houses things start to blend together. In addition to the online things she send us we look on redfin frequently to see what is new.
The first time we went house hunting was kind of disappointing but it was good to see what was in our price range and to see what kind of floor plans we liked. 4/21/12-- The next time was a bit more successful because we saw a few houses that we liked. We found a short sale house on redfin that looked interesting but was a little over our budget but we wanted to go see it; so we asked if she could add it to the list for that Saturday. Friday night, I had a dream about a house that was just perfect. The next morning we went out and started looking at houses. There were some that were good. Then we came to the one a little out of our budget (I'll call it our "Favorite Short Sale"). It had all the things that we wanted, 4 beds, 2 baths, a bonus room, office and a good sized yard. We decided that we would think about it. The next day it was pending so we moved on by looking at other houses.
I still was coming back to that house, checking the status, and hoping that it would fall through so maybe we could get a chance at it. 5/16 or 23/12--We kept looking at houses and found one that was a great layout but the backyard was next to a main road and it was noisy. I really like that house a lot but of course that isn't something that is a cosmetic fix. We decided that we would have to keep looking. There was another short sale that we liked and wanted to go revisit it but we didn't have a chance to see it this day because the people living there were sick. This was the day that Maggie told us that our "favorite short sale" was definitely going to be sold. So I had to get over the fact that it was going to be sold.
6/3/2012-- I saw our "favorite short sale" was back on the Market!!!! Since it was Sunday we decided to email Maggie that we wanted to put an offer on the house tomorrow. So Monday morning came and we decided to call her and put an offer on it. We had prayed and thought that is what we should do. We also prayed about the price we should offer and had a distinct confirmation that we do a certain price, even though the short sale was approved already for a different, higher price. We were confident on placing an offer and the price. Maggie told us that there was another person who was looking at it that day. That afternoon she told us that they put an offer in at the approved price but we had the better looking offer. That night she called again and said the seller decided to go with the other offer. I was pretty upset and so was Jordan (he just had to be strong for me so he didn't show too much emotion about it) Even though I was upset and mad that we didn't offer higher I still had a comforting feeling about our choice. To be honest I CRIED MORE AT THE SEASON FINALLY OF GREY'S ANATOMY than about the house!!!!! We prayed a lot and the peace we felt was so amazing. We are so blessed to be able to pray and receive answers and comfort.
Tuesday morning early Jordan got a text message from Maggie that said, "There is a God! The other offer backed out!". Luckily, Jordan turned his cell on way early in the morning! I found her text funny because we were really relying on Heavenly Father in this process! We went through the paperwork and have an offer in on a house! The seller has accepted the offer and now the bank has to either approve or deny it, which can take a long time. Time will tell.
6/12/12 Maggie called Jordan and the sellers got a foreclosure notice and so they had to work out with the bank to stop the process. Luckily, they were able to stop the foreclosure process and continue with the bank short sale approval process. We are still waiting to hear back but it could take a few months before we know anything. We are trying not to get excited about it because most don't go through, but for our sake I hope it does!
Wish us luck!
I will need a big bowl of ice cream if it doesn't work out! Any takers?
On a good note a friend finally got through the short sale process and is hopefully closing in July! Yay!!! I know it has been a not so fun experience for they so they totally deserve to get a wonderful house!
The first time we went house hunting was kind of disappointing but it was good to see what was in our price range and to see what kind of floor plans we liked. 4/21/12-- The next time was a bit more successful because we saw a few houses that we liked. We found a short sale house on redfin that looked interesting but was a little over our budget but we wanted to go see it; so we asked if she could add it to the list for that Saturday. Friday night, I had a dream about a house that was just perfect. The next morning we went out and started looking at houses. There were some that were good. Then we came to the one a little out of our budget (I'll call it our "Favorite Short Sale"). It had all the things that we wanted, 4 beds, 2 baths, a bonus room, office and a good sized yard. We decided that we would think about it. The next day it was pending so we moved on by looking at other houses.
I still was coming back to that house, checking the status, and hoping that it would fall through so maybe we could get a chance at it. 5/16 or 23/12--We kept looking at houses and found one that was a great layout but the backyard was next to a main road and it was noisy. I really like that house a lot but of course that isn't something that is a cosmetic fix. We decided that we would have to keep looking. There was another short sale that we liked and wanted to go revisit it but we didn't have a chance to see it this day because the people living there were sick. This was the day that Maggie told us that our "favorite short sale" was definitely going to be sold. So I had to get over the fact that it was going to be sold.
6/3/2012-- I saw our "favorite short sale" was back on the Market!!!! Since it was Sunday we decided to email Maggie that we wanted to put an offer on the house tomorrow. So Monday morning came and we decided to call her and put an offer on it. We had prayed and thought that is what we should do. We also prayed about the price we should offer and had a distinct confirmation that we do a certain price, even though the short sale was approved already for a different, higher price. We were confident on placing an offer and the price. Maggie told us that there was another person who was looking at it that day. That afternoon she told us that they put an offer in at the approved price but we had the better looking offer. That night she called again and said the seller decided to go with the other offer. I was pretty upset and so was Jordan (he just had to be strong for me so he didn't show too much emotion about it) Even though I was upset and mad that we didn't offer higher I still had a comforting feeling about our choice. To be honest I CRIED MORE AT THE SEASON FINALLY OF GREY'S ANATOMY than about the house!!!!! We prayed a lot and the peace we felt was so amazing. We are so blessed to be able to pray and receive answers and comfort.
Tuesday morning early Jordan got a text message from Maggie that said, "There is a God! The other offer backed out!". Luckily, Jordan turned his cell on way early in the morning! I found her text funny because we were really relying on Heavenly Father in this process! We went through the paperwork and have an offer in on a house! The seller has accepted the offer and now the bank has to either approve or deny it, which can take a long time. Time will tell.
6/12/12 Maggie called Jordan and the sellers got a foreclosure notice and so they had to work out with the bank to stop the process. Luckily, they were able to stop the foreclosure process and continue with the bank short sale approval process. We are still waiting to hear back but it could take a few months before we know anything. We are trying not to get excited about it because most don't go through, but for our sake I hope it does!
Wish us luck!
I will need a big bowl of ice cream if it doesn't work out! Any takers?
On a good note a friend finally got through the short sale process and is hopefully closing in July! Yay!!! I know it has been a not so fun experience for they so they totally deserve to get a wonderful house!
1 comment:
Haha! Thanks! I am so happy for you guys! I hope that everything works out! You're definitely in our prayers! It is so amazing the things that prayers can answer! Awesome job on the working out too!
Post a Comment